This popular introduction to the world’s major religions provides a comprehensive survey of the major traditions together with selected primary readings.
- A new edition of this popular introduction to the world’s major religions
- Provides a comprehensive survey of the major religious traditions together with selected primary readings
- Focuses on the beliefs and values that animate each religion, helping students to understand what makes them meaningful to their followers
- Includes new material on Sikhism and additional material on each religion’s ethics and their encounter with the modern world
- Features chapter-by-chapter discussion and test questions, summaries, and suggestions for further reading
- Improved visual design, with extensive student aids including revised maps, timeline and charts.
The book is accompanied by a website at http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/burke