« AnteriorContinuar »
1. A specimen of Alcyonella fungosa, represented of the natural size, as developed round a twig.
2. A portion of the surface magnified, with a polypide protruded; it is viewed obliquely, so as to show the papilliform termination of the cells.
3. The same, viewed perpendicularly; the polypides are all retracted, and the papilliform terminations of the cells foreshortened in the view.
4. A portion of the dead coenoecium magnified, and seen in vertical section; the cells
towards the bottom are seen to be loaded with statoblasts.
5, 6. Statoblast, magnified about 60 diameters.
7. Longitudinal section through polypide and cell, showing anatomical details.